In recent decades, companies have given greater importance to UI/UX to increase user satisfaction and user retention. As a result, the industry has seen new roles emerge such as UX researchers, UI designers and UX strategists.
As job opportunities rise in this field, an increasing number of students are choosing to pursue studies in UI/UX. For those new to this field, these programs/ certifications provide a great foundation of UI/UX. Here are the top 5 certification programs for UI UX that are widely recognized in the industry-
1. Google UX Design certificate- This program is offered online through Coursera, an online e-learning platform. Coursera offers a seven-day free trial period and then charges $39 USD monthly. The course covers the following topics:
Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design
Start the UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, and Ideate
Build Wireframes and Low-Fidelity Prototypes
Conduct UX Research and Test Early Concepts
Create High-Fidelity Designs and Prototypes in Figma
Responsive Web Design in Adobe XD
Design for Social Good and Prepare for Jobs
2. Nielsen Norman UX Certification- Jakob Nielson and Don Norman founded Nielsen Norman Group, a UX consulting organization, in 1998. The term UX was coined by them in 1993. The organization provides an online course with two certifications: an Intermediate UX certificate and an Advanced UX Master certificate. The course is comprised of 50 modules that cover UX research, design, and management. The Nielsen Norman UX Certification is considered a bit challenging and is best suited for people with prior UX expertise. However, it’s certification is well-known and valuable for seasoned experts hoping to obtain certification.
3. MIT Human-Computer Interaction for User Experience Design- The Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s (MIT’s) Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL) offers an online short course "MIT Human-Computer Interaction for User Experience Design" (CSAIL). This course is best for beginners who aim to develop a theoretical understanding of the basic principles of UX. This self-paced course is designed for beginners and costs up to $2500 USD. The program covers the following topics:
The Essence of Interaction
Collaborative Computer Interaction
Intelligent User Interface and Prototyping
Multimedia, Speech, and Vision in Computer Interaction
Future Directions of UI
4. CareerFoundry UI Design Program- This is an online UI design program tailored for beginners with a course duration between 4.5 to 9 months, priced at $7900. Upon enrolment in the course, you will be given a personal tutor and a mentor who will guide you through the learning journey. It is a hands-on program where students are assigned UI projects to work on. In addition, the program offers a job guarantee; if you are unable to employment within six months of completing, you might be eligible for a complete refund.
5. Learn UI Design Video Course- Run by Erik Kennedy, a Seattle-based designer, this is a beginner-level course for those looking for a practical foundation in UI through a flexible, online platform. The course is divided into seven units, featuring 48 video-based lessons that can be accessed through the web app. The basic package offers access to downloadable exercises, a community slack channel, and a printable cheat sheet for $995 USD. The full-access subscription includes the access to the Slack channel for $1,495 USD. The one-on-one coaching plan offers five coaching sessions for $2,495 USD.
We hope through our discussion of the best UI UX design certification programs you have been able to pick out a few options that met your needs regarding budget, flexibility, and skill. We recommend you read independent evaluations and student testimonies, talk to a representative of the course provider if you have any questions, and find out as much as you can about the course material.
In Time Tec can provide efficient and cost-effective help in handling your project designs by offering a team of skilled designers that meet your needs.