App-Development Business Risks
Software users are seeing an increasing number of successful mobile apps being developed. Mobile and web app development companies are constantly launching new and improved applications. However, having a mobile feature is useless until you can prove its worth to your target audience. In 2018, 10,573 fake mobile apps were shut down daily.
Let’s discuss some of the threats that aren't always obvious, but that must be addressed and fixed to develop a successful mobile app.
Common Risks in App Development Business
1. Building a Futile Application - What is the point of developing an app that does not meet others’ needs? As simple as it is, this is a frequent mistake made by web and mobile development companies when creating an app. It is important to always keep the end user in mind.
End users play an important role in the mobile/web app development process because their pain points become web and app development companies' target goals to meet.
2. Insecure and Flawed Networking- Data is usually transferred between the server and users, the app sends information by using the internet and the provider’s network on the device. This process can lead to security threats because intruders can extract data as it travels throughout the network which can be an expensive risk. The total cost of cybercrime in the telecoms sector was anticipated to exceed $28.3 billion in 2019, according to estimates. App developers typically use SSL/TLS for authentication.
According to AAG, phishing remains the most common form of crime committed online. In 2021, 323,972 internet users reportedly fell victim to phishing attacks. This number makes up half of data breach cases. 2021 saw nearly 1 billion emails exposed, affecting 1 in 5 internet users.
When there is a flaw in the security process, it creates a risk that private data, including credentials, session IDs, and other information, could be hacked. To avoid joining the thousands who fell victim to phishing and cyberattacks, it is important to find a website developer or a web and mobile development agency that is concerned with cybersecurity.
3. Bad UI/UX integration- UX (User Experience) and UI (User Interface) are two related yet distinct aspects of designing and developing digital products. UX design focuses on creating a seamless and enjoyable experience for consumers using a product. This includes researching user needs and behaviors, mapping out user flow, prototyping, and testing to ensure that the product is user-friendly and meets their needs. UI design, on the other hand, is focused on the visual and interactive elements of a product. This includes designing the layout, typography, color scheme, icons, buttons, and other graphical elements that users interact with.
Integrating UX and UI design involves combining these two aspects to create a cohesive and visually appealing product that is easy to use. This process requires a deep understanding of both UX and UI design principles, as well as collaboration between UX and UI designers. The goal of UX/UI integration is to create a product that is not only aesthetically pleasing but also delivers a seamless and efficient user experience.
4. Unreliable Data Storage- Your mobile app may have unreliable data storage in a number of places, including binary data stores, SQL databases, and other places. The likelihood of using an unlicensed data storage system increases due to issues with compromised devices, platforms, or other dangers.
Hackers can easily bypass a mobile app's security measures if they are not carried out correctly, by utilizing insufficient encryption techniques that can be defeated by jailbreaking or rooting the device. A hacker who gains access to the device and its data will change legitimate software to obtain information to their advantage, lack of techniques to deal with keypresses, images, and an information cache is often the cause.
5. Building an App for Multiple Platforms– Most of your audience is aware that you can launch your software on two app marketplaces, like the App Store and Google Play Store. While Apple's App Store offers approximately 2.2 million apps, Google Play Store has 2.6 million. If your work for a large company, you might think about creating an app for each of these podiums at the same time.
Developing for two platforms at once can be risky if you are a small or medium firm. Marketing for two platforms can be more expensive as both have their requirements regarding sales and advertising. Select the platform that best suits your needs through consulting a leading website development company.
Also Read: Top 5 Practices of Mobile App Development
6. Overcomplicating your App-A lot of mobile app development companies believe providing as many capabilities and functions as possible in the platform is the way to go. While having multiple features within a single program can have its advantages, cramming the app with too many features can slow down app consistency and speed.
In addition, overcomplicating an app might make it confusing to use. It’s important to keep the app as simple as possible, only add crucial elements you know users need and will use.
Now that we have addressed some of the risks related to mobile app development services, considering them will help mitigate future problems and lead to the development of a flawless app. In Time Tec provides mobile and web development services including html5 application development services, website developer apps, flutter web development, web-to-app, etc.
We understand that mobile app development is a complicated process, but we cannot ignore these risks and their consequences. To ensure the success of your application, In Time Tec advises taking measures to limit risks when developing an app.